Skip to main content

9. Am I really stupid?

I am starting to become slightly irritated by 'remain' politicians (and not a few journalists) who insist I am stupid - simply because I voted 'leave' in June 2016.

Am I stupid and if so, why?

Yes, I voted leave.

Yes, I choose to ignore HM Govt's official advice (to vote 'remain') as published in the leaflet that was delivered to every UK household at the start of the referendum campaign.

Yes, I voted 'leave', even though I had been clearly warned of the likely consequences of such irresponsible behaviour by the the Governor of the Bank of England, the President of the United States of America, Grayson Perry and other assorted saints and world leaders, whose intelligence and understanding of such matters is clearly far beyond that of a lowly commoner such as myself.

Yes, I think the result of the June 2016 referendum should stand  (and no, I do not think we should have another referendum)

Yes, I think the UK should exit the EU on 29 March 2019 come what may.

 - and, yes, even if the EU is not prepared to offer the UK a 'deal', which is acceptable to a clear majority in the House of Commons, I think we should still leave, as planned on 29 March.

Does that make me stupid?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10. The people are not to be trusted.

  There is one simple reason why we, as a nation, have struggled for the best part of 40 years to reconcile ourselves to the concept of the European Union. That reason is democracy. At its heart the EU does not believe in ‘democracy’ in the way that we do. Ultimately, the EU does not trust ‘the people’. The self-appointed elite that governs from Brussels does not consider it safe to allow ‘the people’ to decide the important issues – or indeed to have any meaningful say at all in the affairs of the EU. It’s not hard to fathom why this is so. Germany and France, have both suffered deep national trauma as a direct result of allowing ‘the people’ to decide. Hitler did not seize power in March 1933 – the people voted him into office. He didn’t stage a coup. He didn’t ‘hijack’ the German state. He formed a legitimate coalition government in March 1933 having secured overwhelming popular support from the German people at the ballot box. In the three federal elections that